Browse hg Repository
Contributions and links
SourceForge project page
Browse old CVS Repository
Changes for 5.32
Changes for 5.31
Changes for 5.30
Changes for 5.29
Changes for 5.28
Changes for 5.27
Changes for 5.26
Changes for 5.25
Changes for 5.24
Changes for 5.21
Changes for 5.20
Changes for 5.19
Changes for 5.18
Changes for 5.17
Changes for 5.16
Changes for 5.15
Changes for 5.14
Changes from v4 to v5
Here is a list of user visible changes for CC Mode 5.20. See also
the list of user visible changes for version
- Multiline macros are now handled, both as they affect
indentation, and as recognized syntax.
New syntactic symbol
cpp-macro-cont is assigned to
second and subsequent lines of a multiline macro definition.
- A new style
"user" which captures all
non-hook-ified (i.e. top-level)
.emacs file variable
settings and customizations. Style
"cc-mode" is an
"user" and is deprecated.
style is still the default however.
"java" style now conforms to Sun's JDK coding
- New commands
c-end-of-defun which are not bound by default to
- New and implementations of
- C++ namespace blocks are supported, with new syntactic
- File local variable settings of
c-file-offsets makes the style variables local to that
- New indentation functions
- Various Imenu patches (thanks to Masatake Yamato, Jan Dubois,
and Peter Pilgrim).
- Performance improvements. Some improvements affect only
Emacs or only XEmacs (see the variable
- Improvements (hopefully!) to the way CC Mode is loaded.
You should now be able to do a
(require 'cc-mode) to
get the entire package loaded properly for customization in your
.emacs file. A new variable
c-initialize-on-load controls this and is set to
t by default.